West De Pere High School offers:
- Classroom and Behind-the-Wheel (BTW) structure that meets state requirements.
- Five June classroom sessions to choose from.
- The West De Pere Driver Education program is free.
- Student must be 15 and a half years old by July 1st of the summer you plan to participate in the Behind-the-Wheel program. We recommend you do both the classroom and Behind-the-Wheel during the same summer.
- Students who turn 15 years old sometime between January 1st and August 30th, may sign up and take the classroom portion only. Options would then be to wait until the following summer to do the Behind-the-Wheel portion at WDPHS or go to a private driving school for Behind-the-Wheel lessons at their cost.
Wisconsin State Law Requirements & Guidelines:
- 30 hours of classroom instruction.
- 6 hours of Behind-The-Wheel instruction.
- 6 hours of observation.
- Must be 15 years and 6 months old to be eligible to obtain your Temporary Driver's License - AND - must be enrolled in a Behind-The-Wheel program and scheduled to drive within 60 days to be eligible to obtain your temporary driver's license if you are under 18 years of age.
- The DMV 3001 Temporary License Application form will be provided to ONLY those students eligible and enrolled in the Behind-The-Wheel summer program at West De Pere. (Students who are eligible will receive their Temporary License Application DMV 3001 at the April parent meeting.
- If you are planning on signing up for the summer driver's ed program at West De Pere, here is the link that you may use to register for West De Pere's Driver's Ed program.
- Complete the form yourself or with your parent/guardian.
- Once the form has been completed an email from a group called YAMM- West De Pere Driver's Education Confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address that you have provided.
- If that email is received than the registration is complete and you will be all set up.
Registration for the 2017 West De Pere summer school drivers education program is now full. Thank you for your interest in our program!
- Mid December: Grades 9-11 students will receive informational e-mails detailing the program specifics.
- Mid January: Application link will be sent to students to register online. Link on Parents Page will open also.
- Mid February: Registration closed when classroom limits have been met (35 students per class).
- April: April 10, 2017 Parent Meeting begins at 6:30 in The Commons. DMV regulations will be discussed. Eligible students will receive the DMV 3001 forms.
- May: Students will be contacted at school to get their Behind-the-Wheel schedules.
June: Classes run June 12, 2017 through June 30, 2017 Monday through Friday.
- 7:45 am - 9:45 am
- 10 am - 12 pm
- 12:15 - 2:15 pm
- Behind-the-Wheel lessons begin.
- Session Times:
- August: Behind-the-Wheel lessons continue through middle of August.