Communications between school and home have never been more important -- for weather notification, emergency alerts or other general announcements. The School District of West De Pere is implementing a SchoolMessenger broadcast system which enables school personnel to notify all households and parents by phone, email and text within minutes of an emergency, inclement weather, unplanned event or other school communication.
This notification service is provided by SchoolMessenger, a company specializing in school-to-home communications. The service has the flexibility to provide voice, text and email messages based upon the contact information we have on file for your student.
The School District of West De Pere will also continue to report school closings due to snow or weather on local radio and news stations.
In an effort to ensure you receive these communications, please note the following:
1. Contact information: Please make sure the school’s office has updated contact information on file. The information that is PowerSchool will be used to contact you for events and notifications.
2. Caller ID: This is the number that will be used for all notification calls: 920-337-1393, 920-337-1099
3. Live Answers: SchoolMessenger uses voice detection technology so you only need to say “hello” once. The message will usually begin in a few seconds after it detects your voice. Please note that multiple “hellos” will delay the message.
4. Answering Machines/Voice Mail: The system also detects answering machines and voice mailboxes and will deliver the recorded message. Please note that the recommended number of rings for answering machines is four and be sure that recordings are free of any “pauses.”
5. Text Messages: Due to FCC regulation changes, in order to receive text messages on your mobile device each device will need to text "Y" or "Yes" to 68453. This will enable your device to receive important messages from your child's school. If you wish to stop receiving messages at any time simply text "Stop" to 68453.
Questions or Concerns: We want to ensure your complete satisfaction of the messaging system. Please feel free to contact me.
Coordinator of Information and Learning Technology